Saturday, October 12, 2013

Fall is my favorite- Post #2 CAMPING

Here it is. My second post on FALL 2013. I love Fall.
I've never been a fan of camping in tents.....
Give me a camper, Pop-up, RV... anything but a tent.
Before I married my wonderful husband, he had a really nice Pop-up camper. It had 2 king beds, a bathroom, full kitchen, dining area... Oh yeah, my idea of camping. I would be lying if I told you before we married that I wasn't a little excited about camping once we were married and had children in this camper.
I had big dreams.
Then we got married...
We went camping twice in the Spring while I was pregnant with Robert. It was just like being home, but at a campground....
Then September came, I was working at Wal-mart and due any day with our first baby boy.
I knew we had a few bills to pay (my bills) and that I would need to work a few months, or up to a year to pay them all off.
Then my sweet husband suggested that we could sell the Camper (HIS Camper) and I could stay home after the baby was born.
(Insert personal thought here: I have ALWAYS wanted to be a stay-at-home wife, mother. It has forever been my dream job.)
So in December, we sold the fancy camper and I officially made the decision to become a stay-at-home wife and mother.
Sometimes we day dream about what having that camper would be like with our two kids now...
How nice to be able to go away for a week and have a nice place to stay with our children.
The less packing, more sleep, and easier camping trips.
Oh, how nice.
I have no doubt at all that we will never regret the decision of selling the fancy camper and my officially taking the Role of Keeper of our Home.
This weekend changed my perspective on one big thing.
Camping in a tent with two young children can actually be quite pleasant.
We made a lot of memories and had a LOT of fun.
It's especially nice when you have WONDERFUL grandparents taking care of the cooking, and well... everything.
This weekend will go down as one of those weekends we will reminisce about.
The weather was nice, the food was good, and the memories are absolutely precious.

Robert's face was this dirty after we'd been at the campsite for just about an hour...

Our campsite.


My happy boy loving the outdoors.


I love my husband so very very much!

The ice we purchased at the Visitor Center- It said "Healthier than Homemade"- I'm still trying to figure that one out.
Does anyone look sleepy?





Walking to the River.

Does anyone else think they look like twins?
Our lights made for some cool pictures at night, OH and made it a lot easier to see!




Such a happy boy!
Early morning.


The yummy food being prepared for breakfast.
My sleepy boys playing in the morning.
At the Pumpkin Patch Farm place we visited but didn't end up actually staying.
Tired baby at lunch.
Robert LOVED the macaroni and cheese from Sprayberry's.

Enjoying the view.




My mother- the most gorgeous Mama ever.


His favorite activity- playing with rocks and sticks.



Loving some pancakes!
The best Family camping trip so far.

I can't wait to see what the rest of this fall has in store for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment