Wednesday, October 10, 2012

10-11-12

Tomorrow is the big day.

We have our first ultrasound at the doctor's office.
I don't think I've ever been more nervous in my life.

I told myself that hopefully the date means that it will be good luck.
It's on 10-11-12 at 11:00.

If it doesn't mean good luck, then it will be a date I will never forget.
Having been through ultrasounds 2 times already to find out something is wrong, I think I can hopefully handle this one better.

Although, if I were to be honest with myself, I've allowed myself to get more excited about this baby than I probably should right now.

So we've been praying hard.
And we REALLY appreciate all the prayers coming our way.

We know that if it doesn't turn out as we have hoped, it is still in God's hands.
He knows a whole lot more than we ever will.

I've been thinking recently about what it's been like to lose a child/children.
I've been reminded of the painful memories of how it feels to make it half way through a pregnancy and never get a chance to hold your precious baby in your arms.
I remember the jealousy at those mothers with healthy babies.
I remember the anger when they would complain about how long their baby didn't sleep.
I remember thinking life just wasn't fair.
But I know...
Every day is a gift.
Every day as a mother is a blessing from God that so many don't get the chance to enjoy.
I want to always cherish every single day with my child.
I love all my children God has given me, even if they aren't here today.
I want to remember to be respectful and encourage those who haven't been able to hold their children, or to have children.

Words are very powerful.
I want to remember to choose my words wisely.
Especially to those that I can't relate to how they feel.

On a brighter note, Robert has literally been walking EVERYWHERE.
I'm pretty sure he's finally figured out now that it's easier to get around walking than it is crawling.

He's so cute I can't stand it.
He's finally figured out how to get what he wants.
He points at everything he wants till you give it to him.

He's also figured out how to open all the drawers in our house and pull everything out.
Now I've just got to teach him to put it all back! :)

Well, I wanted to write down my thoughts for today (since typing is faster than writing for me).
I hope everyone who reads will have a blessed day!
We're still going to be praying hard for tomorrow and hope that you will too.

I'm off to go play with my sweet boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment