Friday, November 30, 2012

Give Thanks

Today is the last day of November.
I can't believe this month has come and gone so quickly.
We had the best Thanksgiving this year and I really enjoyed seeing all my family in one day!
All month on Facebook I've been reading what people are Thankful for on each day of the month.
I loved reading everyone's updates.
I would have joined in, but I have so much to be thankful for that I don't think it could be summarized in daily posts for one month, or even one blog.

But I want to share on this last day of November what I am thankful for.

I am first and foremost thankful that God allowed his son to die on the cross for me so that I might have a hope of living with him in Heaven one day.

I am thankful for my wonderful Husband. He is my better half. I still don't know how the Lord saw fit for him to be in my life and for him to be the father of my children, but for that I am/will be forever grateful.

I am thankful for my children, all of them. The sweet wonderful boy God gave me that I get to see grow more and more everyday has blessed my life more than I ever thought possible. I am thankful for him, for the joy he has brought to my life, and for the lessons he is teaching me about life. I'm thankful for the babies I've had but never got to hold, and I'm thankful for the one that is growing now. I thank God everyday for all my children.

I am thankful for my family. For all of my family.
I'm thankful that I have Godly Christian parents that raised me. I'm thankful that my parents are now two of my best friends. I'm so happy that I have them both to call on whenever I need ANYTHING. I am thankful they did everything they could to raise me the way God would have even when it wasn't popular. I have been blessed with my parents beyond measure!

I am thankful for my brother and for the friendship we share. He's really the greatest sibling that I could have ever been blessed with, and I don't tell him enough how much I love him! He's one of the greatest and sweetest people I know!!

I am thankful for grandparents, the Godly example they are and for what they have taught me and continue to teach me about how to live my life. I am thankful I can still call on them anytime and be encouraged!

I am thankful for my mother and father in-law. I'm thankful that they saw fit to have children and to raise them in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. Without them, I would have never been given the greatest gift on this earth of my sweet husband. I know for sure my mother in-law would do anything in the world for me that she could, and she's taken care of me numerous times when I needed her. I know both of my parents in-law would drop whatever it is they are doing to help me if I need it. I will always be grateful for this. I am thankful for my sister-in-law and for what she is teaching me about life.

I am thankful for all my Aunts and Uncles. They have taught me so much and have loved me unconditionally. I'm also thankful they decided to have children and give me my cousins.

I will always be grateful for my cousins, especially the ones who are like my sisters and brothers! I was blessed with some of the greatest cousins and I'm so glad to have grown up side-by-side with them. I'm thankful that I still go to church with many of my cousins now and they are my best friends!

I am thankful for my Church Family. I am thankful that I have brothers and sisters across the world and that I can be a part of God's family. I am especially thankful for my church family at Villa Rica. They are the greatest people you will ever meet and have helped me grow so much!

I'm thankful for my husbands job, for our house, for the fact that we have running vehicles.
I am very very much thankful for my job and that God has allowed me stay at home and care for my family. I know that this is a blessing that many don't get to enjoy, and I thank God everyday for it.

I am thankful for all the memories I have. I'm thankful for everything that's happened in my life, the good and the bad. I am thankful for every person in my life, no matter how often I see or don't see them.

God has given me more than I will ever be able to name. He has most certainly given me more than I will ever deserve. I thank him everyday in prayer, and will continue to do so.

Let's all take time daily to remember not only what we are to be thankful for, but let's remember WHO has given us all those blessings.

"In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."
-1 Thessalonians 5:18

No comments:

Post a Comment