Tuesday, July 16, 2013

In my shoes.

A few weeks ago we attended the area-wide singing at the Lithia Springs Church of Christ.
I was enjoying the beautiful singing so much, and my eyes were opened by a song we haven't heard in quite a while.
I can't remember all the words, but I know what stuck with me.

"Each step I take, I know that he will guide me...."

I thought about who is guiding my footsteps.
If I am truly letting the Lord guide my steps.. what does it mean?

 "And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." -Colossians 3:17

Is everything I do pleasing to the Lord?

"Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men,  knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ." -Colossians 3:23-24

Working for the Lord. It makes even the most simple tasks, as doing the dishes and changing dirty diapers that much easier. It helps my attitude in my daily "to-do list". 

I must first read God's word to know what steps he would have me to take.

"Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman who needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." -2 Timothy 2:15

I thought about my little Robert.
Robert imitates EVERYTHING we do. He's always trying to put his Daddy's belt, shoes, hats, clothes, whatever he can find on himself. He repeats everything his father does.
He literally follows him step by step around the house.
If I want Robert to follow in the steps of Christ, I must first myself follow in his steps.
Paul, at one day shy of two months old, is already trying to imitate his older brother.
His older brother needs to be a good example for him so that he will live his life right too.

And where is his older brother learning how to live??
I've got to get things straight and teach my Children how to live their lives by living it.. not just teaching it.

I hope and pray that the Lord will guide my steps in how to raise my Children to be workers in his Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment