Friday, March 7, 2014

In a long while

It's been awhile since I have blogged.
I believe I mentioned before that I was feeling like I was over-documenting life.
I've slowed down some.
I just haven't felt motivated to blog.
I need to blog, because I LOVE going back and reading these posts and seeing all my emotions as I was going through a particular season in life.

This season of our life is a little something I would like to call potty training.
We have been working on Robert.
I have to say that he is doing MUCH better than I expected.
He is going with very few accidents.

I hope it's going to continue to be easy.

I guess it's hard on me because it makes me realize how little patience I actually have....
In this past week I have spent much time in prayer asking for forgiveness for losing my patience and just as much telling how sorry I am to my family that my patience is worn thin.
I've also learned that I'm MUCH happier if I have a clean, organized house when taking on a new task.
I already knew this.
I just have to remind myself of that when I let the laundry fall behind or the dusting really pile up.
It's then that I start to feel overwhelmed.
I have been so blessed to be a wife/mother and homemaker.
I just have to remember to keep up with the daily responsibilities.

 Paul's first time playing in his car. He LOVED honking the horn on it.
 The Lord has blessed me so richly. We have enough money to live in a nice house, eat delicious food, and not have to worry if we are going to be able to eat our next meal. I think sometimes it's easy to take these things for granted in pursuit of more. We always want more. A nice new car, when ours runs fine and is paid off. New clothes that are up with the new trend, when ours don't have any holes or stains on them. A bigger house, when we already have too many things and feel overwhelmed with the amount of things we own. A fancy dinner in a restaurant, when we have ample food and time to prepare and eat a meal that is probably even better at home. I have to take a step back and realize how blessed I am. I thank the Lord everyday for my blessings, but it's easy to forget just how many blessings there are.
 Someone got into his Mama's fingernail polish. He managed to ruin his little brother's only baby quilt and the couch cushion. I will let you guess who that could be....
 Robert LOVES our vacuum. He plays with it pretty much on a daily basis... This is him actually vacuuming the floor. He loves it. I really want to find him a child-sized vacuum that actually works. He would love it! I would too, it would mean a mostly clean floor that I didn't have to vacuum myself.
 I found Paul playing with his tractor by Robert's barn. It is amazing how much this child plays by himself. It makes me a little sad sometimes. He is so independent. He doesn't need to be held anymore. He prefers to be playing on his own. He figures everything out so quickly. This Mama is having some withdrawal issues. He is still extremely cuddly when you get to hold him. He is just so busy and into everything. He loves playing with his brother. I can't believe how quickly he transformed from a little baby that needed to be held 24/7 to this chunky-face little boy that loves exploring the world around him. I just can't believe he will be one year old in a little over 2 months.... Where does the time go?!?!
 This was supposed to be a sneaky shot. I was trying to get them playing without seeing me... But Robert noticed. I just love that he is wanting to smile for the camera recently.
I was in my room folding laundry and I heard Robert naming off the people in our family. I came to the living room to find he had gotten Paul's project life baby book. It melted my heart to see him flipping through the pages and looking through the book. He loved it. It was a great reminder as to why I scrapbook. I want to leave a memory for my family. Yes,  mostly I want to have memories for myself. But I know that if the scrapbooks survive they will be great memories for my children. I am so thankful that I had a sweet cousin who introduced me to this type of scrap-booking that I am in love with. I believe my family will always benefit from this.

We have been trying to be more hospitable this year.
We want to open our home to those we love so that we will be comfortable to open our home to those we don't know as well.
I'm off to go prepare dinner and my home for our next dinner guests.
Maybe I will blog again soon.
This was very therapeutic for me.
Until next time, I hope the Lord blesses you and that you are well.

No comments:

Post a Comment