Thursday, August 30, 2012

Cornbread & Pickled Peppers with a side of "Jesus Loves Me"

Yesterday was a day I want to remember for a long time always.
It will go down in my book as one of the very special days.
There are not too many things that will get me out of the bed before 7am.
One of those things: An opportunity to go thrift store shopping with my Nana.
I have the sweetest, most loving, thrifty grandmother in the world.
I got some really good finds at the thrift store yesterday (50% off), but they wouldn't mean much to me if I hadn't been shopping with my Nana.
I have been blessed all my life with sweet Godly grandparents on both sides of my family. They have been examples to me in all aspects of my life.
As I have gotten older (and have a family of my own now), I am able to truly appreciate the fact that I have been able to learn from them. I have learned a lot lately because I realize both my Grandma and Nana have more knowledge about cooking, cleaning, and raising children than I will ever know.
All the knowledge I have learned from both my sweet grandmothers is something that I cherish and use every single day.
I love being able to call my grandparents and ask how to cook something anything and they always have the easiest instructions. (I am so blessed that I could call my Nana last week and ask how to make her delicious creamed corn)
Yesterday I learned from my Nana & Pawpaw how to make hot pepper sauce. I LOVE this stuff.
They were so sweet and even gave me some hot peppers from their garden (so delicious!)



I canned some hot pepper sauce, and the two little cans are banana peppers. (I made up a recipe.) They told me not to open them for 5 days or so... So hopefully we will be enjoying some dried beans and rice with hot pepper sauce in the next week or so.
The best things about yesterday:
  • Nana saying to me "Sometimes I like to talk to myself so I can have someone smart to talk to".
  • Papaw making the cornbread for lunch and helping teach me how to make hot pepper sauce.
  • Sitting on the porch talking and it was like I was talking to my best friends.
  • Listening as Papaw held R and he and Nana sang "Jesus Loves Me" and various nursery rhymes to him. (I never want to forget this)

I thank God everyday for my sweet family. I am BLESSED beyond words with Godly family that I am able to worship with every Sunday (most of them anyways). They are my best friends, my biggest support, and most loving companions. I know God has blessed me with so many wonderful family members and I do thank God always for them!
"I thank my God upon every remembrance of you,
Always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with joy,
For your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now"
 Philippians 1:3-5 

No comments:

Post a Comment