Tuesday, August 28, 2012

This Blog of Mine

I have a new blog. If you are reading this now,
you have figured that out already :)
I had some difficulty with my old blog (probably because I haven't blogged in almost a year now). But if you'd like to see some pregnancy and birth posts for R, you can check out: http://www.lydiastubblefield.blogspot.com/


I'm not promising anything for this blog.
I plan on using this blog for:
Recipes
Tips
Pictures (who doesn't love pictures)
Random thoughts
Possibly some funny stories
Projects completed around my house
and just about anything I feel like sharing about my daily life.

Tonight I made my first set of curtains.
I have helped my mother make some curtains for my dining room and kitchen before.
But tonight, she brought me all the stuff (sewing machine, thread, etc.) because she is the most wonderful mother in the world, and left me to sew them by myself.
I have to admit they didn't turn out just as I had planned.. But if you keep them open, you really can't tell a difference. Hehe :)

BEFORE:

AFTER:
(You can see it's dark outside. My hubby took down my blinds and screen and I love my window)

Our next home "renovation" project is going to be removing the cabinet and light above the sink. I'm going to be in the process of finding the right light and will post pictures as soon as this project is finished.

Here are a few of my favorite kitchen things right now:
My hubby just installed this really awesome shelf for me to store my recipe books last night, and I love it!
We moved the microwave to the top of the refrigerator, because it's WAY too large and takes up space.
I'm pretty sure we were using our microwave one time a week or less.
So that's how I got my shelf

I am loving my 3 dollar stick on dry erase weekly planner. I use it to write down all my meals for the week so my sweet husband will know what's for dinner (and I can remember what I planned to cook).

I'm excited about this new blog and getting my thoughts all in one place!
Being a stay at home wife/mother is the greatest job ever and I can't wait to share all the exciting things that go along with this wonderful job God has blessed me with!


No comments:

Post a Comment