Sunday, August 4, 2013

This Season

We have had an unseasonably rainy summer so far.
I have enjoyed it very much.
I do not like hot summers, and I love rain when I am home.

It's got me to thinking a lot about this season of my life.
This season with my children seems to be passing much too quickly.
In just 2 weeks I will have a 3 month old and a 23 month old.
Robert will be 2 years old next month.. just thinking about it makes me cry.
He's such a wonderful boy.
He's a great listener and is really good at following directions (when he wants to of course).
Robert is always helping me with his baby brother. He brings him blankets and pacifiers.
He is so POLITE, he says Thank You to everything! We're working on bring "Please" back... but Thank you works just fine for me!
He is still wanting to cuddle with his mommy, and to me that is just perfect :)
He gets out of his bed early in the morning and comes crawling in the bed to sleep by me. He always wants me to have my arm around him and he holds my hand.
He was holding his Ge-Ge's hand today in Worship.
He always grabs my hand to pray.
He loves to sing.
Right now his favorite nighttime song is "Pierce my ear, oh Lord".. He sings it with us, and I wouldn't give anything for hearing the sound of his sweet voice harmonizing with ours. I believe he's going to grow up and be a great singer!
He is really starting to enjoy Family Bible Devo time.
After we read accounts in the Bible, we explain what it is we read and he repeats (with his use of words) back to us.
He is now staying in his big boy bed at nap time and bed time. (Yes, we've had to spank him... but he's learning.)
His vocabulary is expanding daily.
He loves books and cars.
He has recently started to take an interest in coloring.
He is just so much fun.
He still loves to entertain and make us laugh.
I love him very much!

Paul is developing very quickly.
He smiles every time you talk to him.
He talks to you trying to repeat what you say.
He is such a happy and content baby.
He's been sleeping through the night since he was 7 weeks old.
He already weighs 10 lbs and 2 oz.
He's so smart and sweet.
I'm looking forward to watching him grow and seeing his personality shine through even more.
But, I'm okay with it happening very slowly!!

Speaking of this season....
Right now, we're in a scary state.
We found out last Monday on July 29th, 2013 that my Mama has cancer.
It's hard to put that sentence together. Cancer is such a scary word. The doctor believes it's the early stages and that they will be able to successfully treat it with surgery. She has her first doctor appointment with her gynecological oncologist this Thursday. We won't know until after her surgery if the cancer has spread, or just how bad it is. The waiting in this part is the scariest right now. I love my Mama more than I can put into words. She is my very best friend. She always has been. I just love her so much. I am praying fervently that this doctor is right and that they're going to get everything with one surgery and she's going to be fine! I need my mama.

As of now, I have been Thriving for a little over a month and as of 2 weeks ago I had lost 21 pounds. I want to lose a good deal of weight before we try to have anymore children. I'm already feeling 100% better! Eating better really does impact how I feel everyday. I can't wait to finally feel good about how I look.... if that day ever comes. I can also be confident about what I am feeding my family now, because they are eating healthy as well. Hubby's clothes are fitting much better and I hope I am instilling healthy eating habits in my children so that they won't have to deal with being overweight as I have.

Things are just really all over the place and we have a busy few months ahead of us!
I'm looking forward to what God has in store for our family and I hope my mama is going to be better than ever after her surgery!

 (I want to blog more. I think of ideas for blogs all the time, but every time that I read what I have written, it sounds a little silly. I am not a good writer. But I want to have this part of my life documented for when things change. Because they are changing daily.)

Praying for God's guidance to do what is best for my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment