Monday, May 12, 2014

Happy Homemaker #3

As I look outside my window:::
I am reminded that it is very hot outside. It is beautiful, but it is 83 degrees. What happened to Spring?!?!

Right now I am:::
Resting from cleaning all morning. We just got back from Vacation and my house is a DISASTER area. I finished Paul's room and have been continually working here and there on the others.

Thinking and pondering::: 
How nice our vacation was. I really needed the rest and relaxation. It helped me to come home and feel rejuvenated and ready to tackle my everyday homemaking duties. It's wonderful to step away from my homemaking work and come back with a new, positive attitude!

On my bedside table:::
There isn't much on there. I've been trying to get my house cleaned up so I can work on some other things. I need to be cleaning now, so I can get to some weekly meal planning and such.
 
Listening to:::
The window unit air-conditioner. Also, Robert playing in his room. I've been trying for 2 hours to get him to take a nap. I hear things falling to the floor in his room.


On the menu for this week:::
I have no idea. I need to do my meal planning. We have leftovers from where I cooked lunch yesterday for Mother's day. Those are going to last us for a couple of lunches. Then I need to figure out what I am going to make for dinner. One night we will have breakfast food since I already have the ingredients for homemade biscuits, eggs, and some bacon.

On my to do list:::
Finish cleaning the living room and kitchen (TODAY)
Work on Paul's baby album and finish it before Saturday.
Bake brownies for Paul's birthday party.
Clean our bedroom.
Clean up and organize the basement.
   
Happening this week:::
 A lot of cleaning, planning, and organizing!

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
I am going to be working on Paul's baby album and work on our family 2014 Project life album.

My simple pleasure:::
Being home with my family. I really enjoyed being at the beach. There is just something about the feeling of being home that you can't replace.
 Homemaking tips:::
When you are overwhelmed, tackle ONE room at a time. I am preaching to myself... I get so overwhelmed by all the things I need to get done that I run around like a mad woman not getting anything done. I do much better when I focus on thoroughly cleaning one room and then moving on.

Looking around the house:::
I see a mess. A mess of toys and clothes. It is a beautiful mess, because it is a reminder of the wonderful memories we made the last two weeks.

From the camera:::








Bible verse, Devotional:::  
An excellent wife who can find? She is far more precious than jewels. She looks well to the ways of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: Proverbs 31:10, 27-28

No comments:

Post a Comment