Monday, January 6, 2014

3 Years

I can't believe we celebrated our 3 year wedding anniversary last week.
It seems like we've been married longer, but at the same time it feels like yesterday.
We decided that we needed a trip away without the children.
It was so nice.
We missed the kids, but it helped me to put a lot into perspective.
I love my husband more than I love my children.
I love my boys very, very much.
But, they will not be the ones standing beside me hand in hand as I grow old. 
They will not be there for the ups and downs along the way.
My wonderful husband will be.
Staying at home with my children, it's easy to think they come first. 
It's easy to forget who is really the most important.
And for that, I am not proud.
He is my most favorite person.
I love him so much.
It was nice to get away for a few days and just be with him.
It was peaceful.
We were silly.
We drank A LOT of coffee.
It was nice to have a few days of no cleaning, no cooking, and no worrying about what we needed to do.
We found ourselves many times wondering, "What should we do now?."
But we never got bored.
It was wonderful to enjoy each others company.
I hope we can find the opportunity to do this more often.



 Driving to Gatlinburg

 Visiting our cabin we stayed in on our honeymoon 3 years ago.

 Luckily no one was there at the time, or it would have been weird.

 Eating delicious food at the Old Mill.
 Mmmmm delicious food.

 We waited for 10 minutes for the people to move their car so we could park at the hotel.

 Outside our room, in the SNOW.
 Hotel lobby.
 Hubby in the snow.



 Warming up with some delicious coffee in the lobby. We had A LOT of the free coffee.
 Relaxing.

 Eating delicious pizza for lunch at Gondolier's.



 Our cheapest meal. It was so delicious!
 Mountain view on the drive to Gatlinburg.


 I had a WONDERFUL trip.
It was EXACTLY what I needed.
It was a reviving of the wonderful relationship with my husband. 
And just the right way to start the new year.

We are now home and enjoying our newly cleaned living room (With no Christmas decorations).
I am enjoying listening to the sound of the dishwasher as both boys have been asleep and it is quiet here.
They were definitely happy for us to be home.
And we were happy to be reunited.

Now it's time to work on my New Year GOALS, Not resolutions, but hopefully attainable goals.
I've got a list, and it will probably be a post for later.
But for now, I will leave with wishes for a Happy New Year and may God continue to bless us as we serve Him in 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment