Monday, January 27, 2014

Vulnerable

I've been feeling a little exposed about my feelings since my last blog.
I'm not really sure who I am blogging for anymore.
I enjoy blogging for myself and being able to go back and read later.
I feel like I've been preserving memories a little too much.
Let me explain.
I started this year with Project Life. I have taken a picture every day for the year.
I intend to document this year in a scrapbook.
I will not allow myself to get discouraged or upset if I do not take a picture every single day.
I am just trying to do my best to preserve this precious time while my babies are so young.
I've also started a one-line-a-day journal.
I record special things I want to remember in my awesome planner that I use daily.
I just feel like I have been recording life in a good way, but I haven't any creative energy left for the blog as of now.
I will evaluate how I feel about it, and blog only when I get the creative urge.

Today I felt at home again.
I was able to make some homemade bread.
There is just nothing in the world like a loaf of fresh, hot homemade bread.
I am enjoying the cleanliness and organization of the house.

I have a few more areas of our house that need some extra special attention.
Basically, I just need to find an organizational system for these areas that works.
I've finally been able to implement some organizing systems lately using things I had on hand, and it's very helpful in my day-to-day tasks.
I just need to get all the family in on using my systems so they will operate properly.

In the next few months, these are my organizing goals for our home:
  • R's closet
  • P's dresser and closet
  • Master bedroom closet
  • Desk (I really want to set up a home command center, but I just haven't figured out where is best yet)
  • Garage (When it warms up outside I would like to take every thing out of our garage, and set up an organizational system that works. I've seen a lot of garage organization that uses peg board and I really think it would suit our needs on one wall of the garage to have that installed. I also just need hubby to go through and help me weed out what is good in there, and where to put it so that he can find it easily)
  • Crafts/Scrapbook (I really want to set up a scrapbook/crafting area and get it organized so that it will be easier to make crafts and complete my scrapbook) 
***Update- I have a new home command center that doubles as a crafting/scrapbook area. I LOVE IT.

I have a lot of goals for the house this year.
It's getting easier to accomplish them because I have actually been staying home more.
I love making a peaceful haven from the world for my family.
I love the time spent here and the memories being made.
I hope and pray that my family is happy and healthy and they enjoy being in our home as well.

Until next time..... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment