Tuesday, September 4, 2012

see the sunrise.

I believe coffee might be is the greatest thing of all time.
I made it up by 5:30 AM today.
That.is.an.accomplishment.
I had a conversation with a friend of mine last week who has just left her job to be a full-time Mommy to her two very sweet children. It went something like this:
Me: "I'm so happy to hear that you are able to be home with your kids!"
Her: "Yeah, starting Monday I'm going to get into a schedule of getting up at 6 AM, that's not too early, and get my Bible Study and things done before the kids wake up..."
Me: "Good luck with that, I'm lucky if I get up before 9 AM"

I have made this resolution many times.
To wake up before the sun has come up.
My goal: to do it every day.
Starting with today.
Here are my reasons:
  • My husband has to get up at 5:30 to leave for work and wants to have breakfast with me.
  • I can get my Bible Study done early in the morning (once I've had coffee) and my mind is alert.
  • I can get my house cleaned (or most of it) before I have a child on my feet all day.
  • The day lasts longer when I wake up earlier.
  • If my friend can do it, (I know she will) then I certainly can try too!
  • Last, but not least, I can get my blogging from the day before done and not have to do it late at night. :) 
 Yesterday was Labor Day.
I turned out to be mostly a non-labor day.
I was inspired by a facebook friend to RE-organize my pantry. I've done it so many times, but this time I had a good reason.
I wrote down everything we have in the pantry so that I can cook what we already have on hand and not WASTE so much money every week going to the grocery store. We've made it one week and one day so far. I'm going to make it hopefully last than 2 more weeks without going grocery shopping! :) *Except for milk, because we are almost out and that expires*

I also took inventory of everything in the fridge/freezer. I didn't take any pictures because I didn't organize that. I just wrote everything down on a piece of paper and now I have to work on making meals out of it all!
I sure do love saving me some money!

Robert got his very first haircut yesterday.
I thought I would cry, but I was able to hold it together :)
His daddy trimmed the back and around his ears, because it was getting too long.
 If you've ever wondered how to get a child's first haircut without having to hold them down, put them in a sink with a mirror. He LOVED IT!!!
 He did want to know what the sound was of the trimmers, but after he got used to it, he was  so good while his Daddy trimmed his hair.
 He even watched the camera and gave me some cute pictures!


 Here is the AFTER picture, you can't really tell much of a difference, but when I look at him he seems like such a grown child!

I asked him to smile with his new haircut after dinner, and this is what I got:
Then I tickled him, and this is what I got:
I LOVE this sweet child and I can't believe he will be a year old this month!

"For this child I prayed, and the LORD has granted me my petition that I made to him."
I Samuel 1:27



2 comments:

  1. So sweet! Are you planning a little party for Robert's first? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are planning a party for Robert's birthday! I've got most of the decorations.. Just gotta buy all the food now! So sad, and yet so exciting! I'm sure there will be a blog about it after the party! :)

    ReplyDelete