Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Time is filled with Swift Transition


I had a great day yesterday spending some time with a very sweet friend of mine from Church.
She is one of the sweetest people I know.
She helps me and encourages me more than I think she realizes.
Christian friends are the best.
I don't know if there is anything better in this world than friendship/love/fellowship with other Christians.

I really enjoyed my GA School of Preaching Class last night on the book of Hebrews.
I am looking forward very much to this class and the study of the book of Hebrews.
I am sad very sad for those who missed out on this class last night.
Last night in class I realized something that has been weighing on my mind a lot here lately... 
It is the fact that I waste ALOT of time.

Time that could be MUCH better spent serving the Lord and learning about his Word.
Time that could be spent teaching my child and those around me about the Word of God.
What do you do with your time?
Do you have a job that requires 40 hours a week away from home?
How do you "relax" in your time away from work?
Is it in front of a television, or a video game?
Maybe it's in front of a computer? As I am now.

Where does all of our time go?
I know that time has passed more quickly now that I am older, and even more so since R was born and I have been watching him grow faster than I thought possible.
I realize that I have wasted A LOT of time doing things not necessary.
The Lord could come back at any moment.
"Therefore, stay awake, for you do not know on what day your Lord is coming. But know this, that if the master of the house had known in what part of the night the thief was coming, he would have stayed awake and would not have let his house be broken into. Therefore you also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect."
Matthew 24:42-44
Are we living our lives as if the Lord could come back at any moment?
 
What if we die before the Lord comes back?
Are we truly ready to meet God?
 "For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil."
2 Corinthians 5:10 
I have been thinking a lot about my heart, where it needs to be, and how I need to be spending my time. 
Facebook- not a way I need to be spending my time.
I blog so I can look back one day and remember the everyday of this time in my life.  
I facebook so I can see what's going on in everyone's lives. Neither of these are necessary.
(I hope that maybe one day I can reach someone through my blog with the Gospel)

I had a discussion with my cousin, and one of my best friends, not too long ago about wasting time. She, like myself, is a new mother and trying to learn how to manage her time wisely. That discussion has been in my mind every day since we had it a few weeks ago.
I can honestly say that I have made an effort since then to manage my time better
I most definitely do NOT manage my time as efficiently as I could/should.
But I do feel that it's getting better. 
Waking up early is one of those things that I feel helps me manage my time better.
I am able to spend more time reading God's word and in Prayer before the busy day begins and getting my mind where it needs to be. 
I am truly blessed to be able to stay at home with my child/children and teach them. I need to manage my time wisely because I will only have my sweet children for a limited time before they are grown and off in the world.
I'm going to stop worrying so much about having a perfectly clean house. As long as they have food to eat, clean clothes to wear, and somewhere they can sleep at night- I feel I have done a sufficient job in that area.
I want to save their souls. I want to make sure they have the right Christian upbringing and examples in their life to grow up and one day save not only their Children's souls but many/all they come in contact with.
I am going to get to managing my time better right now and get back to my study of God's word.
I hope that everyone who reads this will personally evaluate how they spend their time and what they prioritize in their life.
"Therefore we must pay much closer attention to what we have heard, lest we drift away from it. For since the message declared by angels proved to be reliable, and every transgression or disobedience received a just retribution, how shall we escape if we neglect such a great salvation? It was declared at first by the Lord, and it was attested to us by those who heard, while God also bore witness by signs and wonders and various miracles and by gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will."
Hebrews 2:1-4
 Let us NOT neglect our Salvation and do what God commands!

No comments:

Post a Comment