Sunday, September 2, 2012

and then there were four.

I feel like I became a woman today.
Or a wife.
Or a mother.
Or a cook.
Or whatever you want to call it.
Because I finally made a pan of homemade biscuits, and they were Yummy. :)

They will never be as good as my Mama's biscuits, or even my Grandma's biscuits. But these biscuits, for me, were good.
I also made some strawberry freezer jam yesterday afternoon and we were able to eat it on hot buttered biscuits.
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm


I will remember for future reference that 6 pints of strawberries makes more strawberry freezer jam than I imagined.

My sweet Husband painted our guest bathroom for me yesterday.
It was originally a horrible pink with flowered wallpaper when we moved in (too bad I don't have a picture of that!)
We painted it before Robert was born a brown color, and for me it was always a little too dark...



But I absolutely LOVE the color now! It's so light!!!



I never thought I would like blue in my house, but I love this!
I also LOVE the fact that it was free.
I found it at Lowe's in the "oops" paint section and it was only $5.
After I paid for it, it had a $5 rebate. So all I had to pay was the tax! Talk about a sweet deal!!

While I'm on the subject of sweet deals I thought would share a few sweet pictures of my R playing with Cornmeal in my living room last week.
My mama told me it was a good learning experience for him.
I know he sure did have fun and make a big mess.


I seriously think this may be the funniest, sweetest, cutest child I have ever known. (I might be a little biased :) )
Well, I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

"Oh come, let us sing to the Lord;
    let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation!
Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving; 
 let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise! 
 For the Lord is a great God and a great King above all gods. 
 In his hand are the depths of the earth;
    the heights of the mountains are his also.
The sea is his, for he made it,
    and his hands formed the dry land.
Oh come, let us worship and bow down;
    let us kneel before the Lord, our Maker!
For he is our God,
    and we are the people of his pasture,
    and the sheep of his hand."
Psalm 95:1-7



No comments:

Post a Comment